Facebook memories

Facebook has this great (or perhaps not-so-great) feature that reminds you of what you posted on this date last year, the year before that, the year before that, etc.  I’ve been on Facebook for 11 years, so I have a lot of memories.

So I get to relive the major events, like the college graduations and bar mitzvahs and weddings.

But lately I’ve been seeing a lot of small memories...the restaurants, the baseball games, the concerts, the Broadway shows, the movies, the walks on the beach...all the little events from our pre-pandemic life. All the things we took for granted.  

Sigh.

The state is slowly opening up.  Even here on Long Island, where we haven’t hit the benchmarks needed to reopen, there is an easing of restrictions.

But normal, or a semblance of normal, is far, far away ... 

Comments

  1. Yes, far, far away. I don't have many memories online, and many of them are pictures of flowers in my gardens. At least I know what was blooming years ago. Things are easing here, too, in some ways. I can hope Nassau and Suffolk can hit their benchmarks soon. Definitely a lot more traffic and a lot more people outside, in time for our weather to be glorious. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't post much to FB. For a while I had it set up to post my blog posts (but then that widget broke, and I didn't care to figure out a fix). But mostly, I just look. So, no memories for me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Blogging from A to Z — we start with the letter A