Music Monday

 Richard Sherman passed away this weekend.  He was 95.

The Sherman Brothers (Richard and his brother Robert, who died in 2012) were songwriters, most notably for Walt Disney movies.  So today let’s play their music!

Let’s start with some of their non-Disney hits.  They wrote a Broadway show.


  


  





And now for the a Disney stuff!


  

Anyone who remembers the. 1964-1965 New York World’sFair will remember hearing the next two at the fair.  Everyone else will think of a Disneyland or Disney World.


  


 

  

  

And, of course 

  





  


  

 

The very first movie I ever saw in a theater was Mary Poppins. 

The Sherman Brothers music is the soundtrack of so many childhood memories. 

Comments

  1. I honor a number of musicians or people in the music world who passed this month tomorrow and I was going to include Richard Sherman. Then I forgot! So thank you for doing the work for me. I never knew the Sherman brothers wrote You're 16.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read where, when Walt waws feeling down, he would have the Shermans come in and play "Feed The Birds" for him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely tribute to two great musicians. Great music 💜

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very beautiful tribute to a musical icon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Songbird, for the heads up about the link on my last video. It isn't disabled; just disabled from playing anywhere but directly in You Tube. I tested the "this video is disabled" and found if you click the link in the notification that you can play it on You Tube. Sorry about that; I didn't realize that when I posted this video.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved listening to all of these. Disney did have a lot of hits with original woeks. Now, many sound similar to me. Live "Let's fly a kite"

    ReplyDelete
  7. What talent lost to this world but his music will live on for as long as the earth stands!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done, Songbirdie. We had no idea that he wrote all these songs, that makes it even more valuable now💗Double Pawkiss🐾😽💞

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday