Saturday 9

 

Somewhere

Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9
questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love to 
answer the questions, however, and here is today's questions!


Saturday 9: Somewhere (1983)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
 
1) This song is from the hit musical West Side StoryIt has just been remade by Steven Speilberg. Are you interested in seeing the 2021 version?

West Side Story is one of my favorite musicals.  I am anxious to see what Spielberg has done with it.  I've seen the trailers and it does look interesting.


2) Growing up, Crazy Sam thought this song was called, "A Place for Us." Tell us about a song whose title or lyrics you got wrong or misheard.

I had no idea this song was called "Good Riddance" until my daughter the Green Day fan told me. 



 
3) Barbra Streisand sings of longing for "time to spare, time to learn and time to care." The holidays are often too busy for many of us. With Thanksgiving almost upon us, do you wish you had more time?

No, not really.  Everything is under control.  I think.  I hope.  Well, maybe not...
 
4) Early in her career, Barbra was pressured to have her nose fixed. She stubbornly refused, and did rather well anyway. Tell us about a time you resisted pressure.

I'll take a pass on this one.
 
5) In the late 1960s she briefly dated Canadian Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau, father of current PM Justin Trudeau. Obviously Barbra knew what became of Pierre and his family without having to look them up. Without the advantage of Google, do you know where one of your former loves is in 2021?

No, I haven't bothered to find out where any of them are. Ancient history.  Well, except for the one who unfortunately passed away a few years ago. But he was also friends with a lot of people who are my current friends.
 
6) One of Barbra's hit movies is The Way We Were, a love story about hopelessly mismatched lovers. Streisand always wanted to do a sequel and worked with a screenwriter on a treatment. Her costar, Robert Redford, refused. He simply was not interested in revisiting his character. Is there a movie series that you especially enjoy?

The Harry Potter movies.  My daughters were 9 and 11 when they discovered the Harry Potter books, and I got hooked along with them.  We started reading Harry Potter just before the first movie was released.

7) Barbra met her husband, James Brolin, at a dinner thrown by friends. They hit it off immediately, but he had to leave the next day to begin a movie in Ireland, so they began their romance over the phone. Do you enjoy long phone calls? Would you prefer video calls (Zoom)?

Zoom, Facetime, etc. are wonderful.  



8) On July 1, 1998, two years to the day after their first meeting, Barbra and Brolin married. It used to be that brides were advised against wearing white for their second wedding, but Barbra ignored that, wearing a white beaded gown. Do you believe brides should still avoid white the second time around?

Wear whatever you want, what ever makes you feel beautiful.

9) Random question: Is anyone on your bad side this morning?

Not anyone I know personally, and you don't want to get me started on a political diatribe, do you?
 


Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!

Comments

  1. #7 Last year we did Zoom for Thanksgiving & Christmas... not the same as the kids say IRL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a big Green day fan too. I love that song. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot about Harry Potter. I enjoyed the books and the movies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. #9 -- I bet I know what's upsetting you this morning. Being from IL, his home state, I'm appalled and scared. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Didn't know Steven Speilberg redid west Side story.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could never get into the Harry Potter books, but OWN the movies. They are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know the titles of songs anymore. Or who they're by. They don't announce them on the radio, and I don't go looking for them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just might have a look in on the remake. Everyone's answers have given me a push.

    I was friendly with my crush. Met him again when he was home for awhile during a period of time when we were both taking college classes. I just waved to him from afar but he recognized me. That was the end of that. ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday