Music Monday

 Another “your choice” week.


And this week finds me in mourning for one of Broadway’s finest.  Stephen Sondheim passed away this weekend at age 91.


So today we salute Sondheim with some of his best.


I’m sure you’re familiar with this song, sung here by the great Zero Mostel.





A performance by the incomparable Bette Midler.






Meryl Streep as a witch…


  

We must include a Angela Lansbury.




And Barbra Streisand 


  

And you can’t think of Sondheim without mentioning Bernadette Peters.


  

Here’s a surprising version of “Losing My Mind”.


  

Ladies who lunch




  



Mandy Patinkin








But Sondheim works best on stage. Here are a few of his moments.




  


  





  

Thank you, Stephen, for all the glorious music.



Comments

  1. There's a guy that wrote lots of great songs in his career! Good to see Mandy Patinkin included among the singers. He's from the South Shore neighborhood in Chicago, just like Mom and her whole side of the family...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can’t do Sondheim without Mandy. And he’s one of my favorites l

      Delete
  2. WOW & all on one page! Dang girl you sure know how to pick em'!!! Talk about a cast of thousands... now I'd love to sit and chat, but I'm off to the ear doctor, but I did want to stop by & say hello, so HELLO & GREAT PICKINS here my friend. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robin,

    I didn't know the artist by name but his musical legacy I'm definitely familiar with. Sondheim was a talented fella and wrote a great number of popular songs. Streisand "Somewhere" is fabulous! And, I had no idea he wrote, "Send In the Clowns". WOW! Thank you for enlightening my brain and ears this morning. The world has lost a gem of a composer/lyricist! Have a boogietastic week, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a loss Stephen Sondheim was to the music world. Everyone knows his music, whether or not they are fans of Broadway. I saw the movies "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum" and "West Side Story" as a child and I was entranced by his talent even then (not that I knew who he was). Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday