Another this and that

 Drew found a great new takeout restaurant.  They have a full Japanese menu and a full Chinese menu. And a handful of Thai dishes.  Great option when we can’t decide what to order.  

Duchess had her annual “well cat” visit at the vet the other day.  You would have thought she was being murdered, that’s how loudly she complained when Drew put her in the carrier.  She got a clean bill of health, thank goodness.





That’s a happy cat.  She rules over her kingdom from the top of her cat tree. 

I still have an entire jar of candy corn on my kitchen table.  Yes, it’s all in the infamous pumpkin …  I’m still dealing with Halloween leftovers and it’s almost Thanksgiving.

Our Thanksgiving plans are starting to come together.  And with the first night of Hanukkah falling on the Sunday after Thanksgiving, it’s going to be a very busy weekend.

And Thanksgiving means I’ve been in this apartment for a full year.  I am so happy I found this place.  I am enjoying living alone.  

Winter weather is coming.  I’m not happy about that, but I’m ready.  Drew just gave me a pair of gloves … a gift from one of the charities he supports.  They’re pretty gloves, stretchy material, bright red.  

Did I say one pair? The day after he gave me the gloves, he got another pair in the mail. He’s gotten tote bags, calendars, dream catchers, and note pads before, but the gloves were a “first”.

Funny, the only thing I ever get are address labels. I guess we support different kinds of charities.

Maybe I’ll wear the gloves when we go out for Chinese food.  Red is considered lucky, isn’t it?







Comments

  1. All I get from charities are note pads, address labels (by the yard), and, sometimes, calendars. I need to find out which ones give gloves away. I have to wear gloves even when it is in the 60's due to a medical condition. I could use some gloves, lol. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I believe red is lucky in Chinese culture. It also represents fire, so keep them in the side of your room opposite your door (feng shui). Is this an early Hanukkah this year?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really wonder where this year went.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday