Music Monday

 Before we get started on today's theme, I want to refer back to Friday's post about Harry Chapin. Harry was a great artist, activist and humanitarian.  If you want to honor his life I invite you to contribute to Long Island Cares -- the Harry Chapin Food Bank.


And today's theme?  Songs about animals.

Animals like lions...and tigers...and bears....





Lions





And tigers






And bears





Oh my...

It makes you want to run through the jungle, doesn't it?





But it's all part of the circle of life.






Comments

  1. Robin,

    LOL, great theme within a theme for your themed week of animal songs. WOW, Andy Williams, WOW! His voice was so beautiful and I just love hearing him sing "Born Free". The Mamas and the Papas had such great harmonies. This is the first time for me to hear "Dancing Bear". CCR is one of my favorite classic rock bands. I haven't heard "Run Through the Jungle" in awhile. I don't want to run through the jungle, because I'm afraid the lions and bears might eat me. :) Great music set to start this party off. Have a boogietastic week, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed your playlist. That Mamas and Papas song is a gem - the first time I ever heard it - and was that Bing Crosby introducing them? (I'm sometimes bad in recognizing people so maybe not). The Tokens may have aged but their voices haven't - they still sounded so good (as good or better than the original single) - and the woman singing backup - WOW. Andy Williams singing Born Free - another song I loved when it came out. All very nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And once again forgot to sign my comment - Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

      Delete
  3. Such great songs here. Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday