another this and that

I went to my chiropractor appointment, and the receptionist was glowing.  Seems her daughter gave birth to a baby girl this morning.  Of course I congratulated her.  

And then I found out her daughter gave birth in the same hospital where my children were born.  I was in that hospital 29 years ago today...today is Becca's birthday.    Happy birthday to my baby girl! We're going out to dinner Sunday to celebrate.

Drew and I went to a ball game last night.  A double header because Tuesday night's game got rained out. The Ducks won both games!

Interestingly, two of the players on the Ducks -- Ian Kinsler and Danny Valencia --- are former major leaguers who have been selected for Team Israel and are headed to Tokyo later this month.   They signed short term contracts with the Ducks to get in shape for the Olympics.

Yes, baseball is an Olympic sport.  The American team didn't qualify for Tokyo, so I will be rooting for Israel.  

Like everyone else, I will be rooting from a distance.  Japan is still having issues with Covid, and there will be no spectators at the Olympics this year.

I'll be watching baseball and gymnastics.  I'm not really into track and field or swimming.

We have plans to go to Jones Beach tomorrow after work, but I think those plans are going to be canceled.   Hurricane Elsa -- or what's left of her -- is due to hit us tonight. Oh, joy...

Newest bad habit ... stopping at Dunkin' on my way home from the chiropractor.  Well, you can't expect me to drive by  when the coffee is calling my name...


Comments

  1. My husband's cousin is absolutely hooked on Dunkin'. And I hope your coming weather isn't too severe. We had some damaging storms up here last night. Two trees partially down on our block but we escaped. About 10,000 people in our county are still without power. My summer games watching will mostly be diving and gymnastics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right now I’m sitting in the dark. Local thunderstorm. Elsa hasn’t hit yet. I’m having so much fun right now…

      Delete
  2. I didn't realize baseball was an Olympic sport. Did it used to be? And then it went away? I used to know these things, but lately I just haven't been keeping track.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On again, off again … this year it’s on again

      Delete
  3. I was so shocked to learn in today's Washington Post that Japan's Covid vaccination rate is only 15 %. I just can't understand how this could have happened. The authorities knew the Olympics were coming. They've known this for a long time and had plenty of time to get ready for this long-anticipated event. So sorry that the athletes who have worked so hard won't have the usual crowds to cheer them on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so behind on anything to do with olympic
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday