the saga continues.

So you may remember what I wrote on Valentine's Day in response to Joyce's HodgePodge questions, and what I wrote the following day about the electric and gas company visit to our house.

Let me refresh your recollection.  On the 14th I wrote:



Heart failure?  That's an easy one.  I had some errands to run after work yesterday, so I didn't get home until about 9 PM.  As I drove up my street I could see a huge truck parked in front of my house.  A little investigation revealed that the truck belongs to our gas company.  There were two large holes in my lawn. The truck was still there at 4:30 in the morning. When I left for work at 8:30, the gas company truck was gone, but there were two trucks from the electric company on the street.  A third truck arrived while I was pulling out of my driveway.  I drove down to the end of the street, where I saw two gas company trucks headed towards my house.  Yikes! 

I don't know what's going on, but I hope they fix it soon.

here's what the lawn looked like this morning:




On the 15th I wrote:


The gas company truck was still in front of my house when I got home.  There is now a third trench in the lawn, and the mailbox is now lying on the grass. I do hope they plan to put everything back where they found it once repairs are completed.  I mean, I’m glad our house didn’t blow up or anything, but oh my what a mess they  made!



Well, the utility companies did whatever repairs were needed to the pipes, and filled in the trenches.  They put the mailbox back wheree it belonged.  They left two orange safety cones on the lawn where the main trench had been, and our driveway was a bit muddy from all that digging.  Not to mention the damage I am sure they did to the grass.   But the essentially restored the property.

Or so I thought.

We have had a couple of bad storms in recent days, real nor'easters with high winds. 

And this is what my mailbox looks like now:


  

Comments

  1. Sure hope it all taking care of soon.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, at least they tried to put it back together. That is something. I wonder if you could bill the city for you to get someone in to replace the mailbox as it was them that broke it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sister is looking into that, Liz. She’s basically in charge of our mother’s house.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday