Another this and that

So last night was Valentine’s Day, and Drew and I went to our favorite Greek place for dinner.  We drank sangria and dined on soft Turkish bread dipped in tzatziki, spanakopita, rice pilaf...he had kebabs, I had baby lamb chops. He finished with tiramisu, I had galaktoboureko.  They practically had to roll us out the door ...

The gas company truck was still in front of my house when I got home.  There is now a third trench in the lawn, and the mailbox is now lying on the grass. I do hope they plan to put everything back where they found it once repairs are completed.  I mean, I’m glad our house didn’t blow up or anything, but oh my what a mess they  made!

The gel injections for my knee have been ordered.  The doctor’s office will call me to set up an appointment when the medication is delivered to their office.  And just in time, too.  My knee is really starting to hurt again.

Our big plans for the weekend include a movie.  The Black Panther is part of the Marvel universe.  We are Avengers fans.  And it got great reviews.  So I’m psyched.

The other day Drew asked me if I want to see a Mets game in June.  It’s some sort of trip through the school where he works.  Seats won’t be great, but it should be fun.  I’m not likely to turn down Mets tickets ...

Just another day in these United States.

Except ... I almost forgot to mention.  There was another school shooting today, at a high school in Broward County, Florida.  A former student killed 17 people.  I expected to feel shocked, angry, upset, sad, frustrated.  But these shootings have become so ‘normal’ that all I feel is ...numb.

Comments

  1. I heard Black Panther is good.

    The scary thing is this is like the 30th mass shooting in the country. This year. We're 46 days in.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday