So I succumbed...

I used to keep a datebook, listing all my appointments within its pages. And there’d be a desk calendar at work, with all my meetings and assignments.

And then Microsoft Outlook and Google Calendar came along.  My calendar lives in my phone and on my iPad, I back up my data in the Cloud, I will never lose it.and I’ll never struggle to decipher my own handwriting.

But then ...

I heard on the radio, if you write something by hand, you’re more likely to remember it.

And so many people are raving about their planners.  More than date books, these planners have space for goals and projects and lists.

Maybe it could help me focus, stay organized. That’s always been an issue for me.

But who wants to spend $50 - $60 on a fancy planner?

So when I saw “The Simple Elephant” planner on Amazon...

$20 for a datebook/agenda/planner seems a lot more reasonable, doesn’t it?

Here’s what I got:



When I opened the box, I found





The stickers are cool.

And the planner itself






That blue ribbon is elastic,  want to hold the book closed when not in use.

The first pages are dedicated to your focus.





Next is your mind map and vision board.  





Then you have a monthly calendar, undated so you can start using it at any time.



And a more detailed calendar/agenda



Finally, blank pages



There’s a folder on the inside cover, and a place to stash a pen.

It’s small and light, very portable.

My Saturday afternoon project...

Comments

  1. I got a two year planner at CVS in December of 2016. My husband and I both use it constantly - but I also use the reminder function on my iPhone at time. Whatever works - I very much still see the value of paper. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please keep us data on well your doing on planner. I'm doing bullet journal and I sure not at top of class on it.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! I spend about $40 every year during Plum Planner's Black Friday sale to get a new planner with extras. Writing things down definitely helps to remember things.

    Then I started a new bullet journal last week to keep track of health issues, now that I have two more doctors added to the mix. Both go with me everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still don't know how to use my calendar on my iPhone. Of course, I don't have that much to remember... So many people do the planner thing nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I lost my Mind Map years ago. I suppose I could just leave that page blank. Good luck with this!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Blogging from A to Z — we start with the letter A