Another this and that

They say "March comes in like a lion," and considering that we're expecting a real nor'easter tomorrow, I'd say the lion is roaring quite loudly....

It's a new month.  A month filled with possibilities.  I am always energized at the beginning of a new month.

Today is also the Jewish holiday of Purim, a minor holiday commemorating the Biblical Queen Esther's victory over the evil Haman, thus saving the lives of the Jews of Persia.  It's sort of like a Jewish Halloween, or maybe it's closer to Mardi Gras/Carnival -- dressing up in costume, feasting, pageantry, etc.  I am celebrating with some hamantaschen -- triangular cookies filled with fruit.

I am crazy busy at work these days, but it's all good.   A bit exciting, actually.  Well, for me, anyway.  I don't think the rest of the world cares about how many lawsuits I've settled this week, or that brilliant report I wrote.  If only I could catch up on answering my emails!

Lat night I got a chance to shock Drew.  I found out something he didn't know, and the look on his face when I told him...Drew is a huge fan of Andre Rieu, a classical violinist.  We saw Rieu and his orchestra in concert a few year ago. Drew has been dying to see Rieu perform again, is constantly checking his email and Rieu's website for a possible concert in our area.  Last night I got an email announcing Rieu has scheduled a concert here in September.  Drew is so excited!  September is a long way away, but still..

Spring training has begun, and I've been watching my Mets play.  Can spring itself be far behind?  I'm hoping March will go out like a lamb.

Comments

  1. We're expecting a storm tomorrow as well, although it's just rain. Considering that's as bad as we ever get, we're bracing. But I'm sure it's nowhere near a nor'easter. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Blogging from A to Z — we start with the letter A