Planet Fitness

So, this non-athlete is really enjoying Planet Fitness. I guess it's because I go at my own pace, compete only with myself. Taking a class with others doesn't seem to work for me, I can't always keep up, and I get frustrated.

I joined at the beginning of February, fully intending to do both cardio and strength training. Cardio is easy, I have a preference for the treadmill.

But strength training...the machines were intimidating. Very different from the machines we used in high school (when dinosaurs walked the Earth), and the ones at the gym in Soho (I was a member for a short time in the 80's). Back in the days when I was a member of the Jewish Community Center I used the pool and the indoor track, but never ventured into the weight or cardio rooms -- too intimidated.

But times change. So I met with the trainer, and we came up with a program.

Which I never implemented, because life got a bit crazy around that time. I kept up with the cardio, both at my home club and the location near Drew's house. When I decided to go back to the machines, I had forgotten everything the trainer told me, I was totally confused. I couldn't figure out where to start.

But this week I met with the trainer again, and now I'm going to add strength training for real.

I've also discovered the Black Card Spa -- I have unlimited use of the massage chairs and the hydro bed. Feels good on sore muscles after a workout.

No, they don't have a pool, but I'm more of the recreational swimmer than someone who does laps. Guess I'll have to wait for warm weather and the community pool.

Yeah, I got this.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday