Now I really, really have to win the lottery

I need the money.  I need lots of money so I can go to the auction and bid on an item that I really, really, really want.


The jersey Mike Piazza wore on 9/21/01 at Shea Stadium.


Yes, THAT jersey.  Yes, THAT night. 

The first baseball game played in NYC after 9/11.  Sold out crowd at Shea Stadium.  The Mets wearing the caps of NYC's first responders.  Liza Minelli singing "New York, New York".  And Piazza hit a 2-run homer, resulting in a 3-2 win over the Atlanta Braves. 

“I think it’s the most memorable home run in Mets history,” said Ken Goldin, president of Goldin Auctions. “Everybody was a Mets fan that day. Everyone was rooting for New York that day.”

Mike Piazza jersey worn after 9/11 attacks up for auction

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday