songbird loves the 80's

So, I was listening to Scott Shannon on the oldies station the other day, and he played Wham's "Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go".

OMG, 80's music on an oldies station.  I'm still trying to get used to that.


 The 80's was the decade in which I came of age; my milestones included graduating from college and then law school, starting my career, moving out of my parents house, getting engaged and then getting married.

And Scott Shannon was the DJ who introduced me to that song, and to most of the best music of the 80's. 

That was in the days of the "Z Morning Zoo", a then-new and innovative morning show format, back when I was young and cool and listened to Z 100.  WHTZ's Moring Zoo, coming to you from the top of the Empire State Building.


 I've ceded Z 100 to my children, and I listen to Scott on WCBS-FM these days.

But the exciting news....Scott is doing a Z 100 reunion show on April 1st.  No, it's not a joke.  Ross Brittain, Jonathan B. Bell, Claire Stevens and even Mr. Leonard will be hanging out with Scott on his morning show.

He did a bit with Mr. Leonard yesterday, in anticipation of the reunion.   What memories it brought back.

Sigh.  I am getting old.

Comments

  1. I love the 80's, although I was already in my 30's. There was just something about that decade. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Blogging from A to Z — we start with the letter A