I should mention ....

There was a 4th TV cult classic born in 1966.  The campy, corny, celebrity-studded Batman.

Batman existed in the comics long before 1966, and has been rebooted and resurrected many times since.

But not the way we saw it in 1966.  In color, twice a week, in our living rooms.  I was 6 years old, young enough to take the show seriously, too young to understand the humor. 

My best friend and her older brother would come to my house to watch the show, they didn't have a color TV.  We'd play at being Batman and Robin and all those interesting villains.

I haven't heard of any Batman anniversary events, no conventions like you'd find with Star Trek and Dark Shadows.  I think Batman fans tend to focus on the newer incarnations ....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday