Here we come, walking down the street, we get the funniest looks from everyone we meet ...

Recognize those lyrics?


Another iconic TV show is celebrating its 50th anniversary this year.

A band created for a TV show.  The "prefab four".

Yes, I'm talking about The Monkees. 

A fabricated band that became a real band, that defied its teenybopper roots and created some really great music.

The Monkees.  Davy Jones, Mickey Dolenz, Peter Tork, Mike Nesmith. 

Drew tells me that I saw a concert at Jones Beach in the 80's where all four members of the band were present.  I really don't remember that concert. 

I do remember many concerts with Mickey, Davy and Peter.  And one tour, after Davy died, when Mike joined the other surviving members of the band.    And last year, just Mickey and Peter.

Mickey and Peter are touring again this year.

We have tickets for the June 1 concert.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday