Marseille

Marseille Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato


Had dinner with my daughter here the other night.  She chose the restaurant, and I am very happy with her selection.  We had a very lovely dinner here.

My daughter was impressed with the sesame bread -- crunchy crust and soft interior, served with both butter and olive oil for dipping. 

The Crispy Calamari -- served with ripe tomatoes, jalapeno aioli and a citrus-leek emulsion -- was light, tasty and very shareable.

She ordered the steak frites -- NY strip with bernaise, and provencal fries, a meal deemed worthy of a snapchat. 

It's been awhile since I've had Moroccan cuisine, so that part of the menu called out to me.  I had the lamb tagine -- lamb shank served with sweet and spice onion sauce, merguez, golden raisins and pine nuts over pearly couscous.  I  like the interesting way fruit is added to savory dishes, it's sweet and spicy, very different and very good. 

All of this was accompanied by an excellent Riesling, which we both enjoyed.

And then there was dessert.  My  daughter has a weakness  for crème brulee.  It was creamy, the broiled sugar topping crisp and light.  I had mixed berries with Chantilly cream, just enough sweetness to satisfy. 

Excellent meal, I will be back.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday