Mall Walking

So I've started to get my exercise by walking in the mall.

The mall opens at 8:00 AM, so I go right after morning services.  I walk for 30-45 minutes. 

It's interesting to see who is in the mall before the stores open.  I'm not the only one trying to get in a little exercise; I'm starting to recognize the faces of the "regulars".  there's a security guard on his Segway, and a couple of janitors cleaning the windows and the floors.    You'll also see some retail workers in their stores, getting the stores ready for the morning rush.  Yesterday I saw one store with a lot of employees, I think they were getting ready to do inventory.

It's a little bit disorienting right now.  The last remnants of the Christmas decorations are still in the center of the mall, and a lot of stores are in the middle of their after-Christmas sales.  But Hallmark and Godiva are all decked out for Valentine's Day.  And Kate Spade and Michael Kors have their spring collections on display.

If you told me a year ago that I'd be spending my mornings at the mall...

But times change. 

And change is good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Blogging from A to Z — we start with the letter A