Another This And That

So the holidays are over, and it's time to get back into the normal routine.   That was really hard to do when unseasonably warm December weather gave way to an artic blast.  But now that we've got the first week of the year under our belts, I think I'm back in the groove.

If I go to morning services at the synagogue (I'm trying to get there at least 3 times a week to say Kaddish),  it's still dark when I leave the house.  But the chapel has huge picture windows all along the eastern wall, so I get to see the beautiful sunrise as we pray.


I'm really liking this whole weight loss thing -- eat well, move more, get on the scale, buy new clothes.  This time I think I'm going to be sticking with it.  I need to feel healthy

I went to see Becca in the city.  Walked from Penn Station to the restaurant in Hell's Kitchen, then after dinner walked over to her apartment, then evenuatlly back to Penn Station to go home. Fitbit says I walked over 5 miles that day.  It felt good!!


New component to the exercise program:  mall walking.  If it's too cold to walk outside, just take a ride over to the mall.  Did that the other night, walked for about 30 minutes.  It felt good.  Even better, the mal opens at 8:00 AM, so I can get some walking in before work if I want -- between services and work???

Drew is trying to coordinate with his doctor about his upcoming surgery.  He's a teacher, with very little sick time, and he needs to schedule the procedure during the February recess -- President's Day.   A week that was already shaping up to be a difficult, emotional time just got worse.  Putting on my big girl pants right now...

.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday