Ugh

The sound is unmistakable. A low, steady rumble, it gets progressively louder. You try to dismiss it as normal road noise, but you can't. You curse under your breath as you pull over to the side of the road. You have a flat tire.

It happened as I was driving home from work. Fortunately I took local roads, and I was able to pull into the parking lot of the public library. Got out of the car, and sure enough, the tire was flat. Or rather, shredded. Destroyed. Deceased.

And on such a bitterly cold night, too. 7*, with a wind chill feel of -7*. Just lovely. ❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

Two hours later, AAA finally showed up. Five minutes later I was driving on the spare.

At least the library was warm and cozy.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday