Swiss Fudge Cookies!!!!

Years ago, when Stella D'Oro was still a family-owned business, there was a commercial for Swiss Fudge Cookies. The husband came home with expensive gifts - jewelry, furs, etc, - and the wife was disappointed because he didn't bring home Swiss a Fudge Cookies from Stella D'Oro.

So of course I had to try them.

A small, plain cookie filled with the most decadent fudge ...

Heaven.

I don't buy them often, they're so addicting. I mean, seriously, I could eat the whole package without even thinking about it ...

I was in the supermarket the other day and found ...


This:







When did they start making chocolate Swiss Fudge Cookies? And how come I didn't know about it?

Would they be pure heaven, or would the chocolate cookie base be overkill?


Of course I had to try them.


What makes the original cookie so great is that the cookie base is not overly sweet. It's plain, like shortbread, or like a Stella D'Oro Breakfast Treat.

Same holds true for the chocolate cookie. There's a chocolate taste to the cookie, but it's not overpowering. It complements the rich fudge.

A new addiction is born.







- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Blogging from A to Z — we start with the letter A