On Parade Diner

On Parade Diner on Urbanspoon


Yes, I know, I spend far too much time in diners.  But here on Long Island, we are blessed with a plethora of such places, offering large portions of good food at reasonable prices. I'm fairly certain that there's no such thing as a "bad diner around here, because such a place would be quickly killed by the competition.  So I'm always amazed when I see bad reviews for diners that have been in business for decades. 

My experience with On Parade Diner was entirely positive.   We stopped here for breakfast one morning.  I found the décor -- 1950's rock and roll fantasy -- charming, the waitress friendly and outgoing.

And the food?  My waffle was crisp on the outside, fluffy on the inside, and accompanied by a generous portion of bacon.  Coffee was hot and fresh.  Orange juice was fresh squeezed and full of pulp.   A pleasant meal.  Definitely worth a return trip.

Comments

  1. I live vicariously through those diner reviews. Thankfully, the trips to the Philly area netted a couple of respectable ones.

    The reunion I'm attending in June? We talked the organizer out of offering a family style meal by stating that all of us out of towners probably would want to go to a diner before and/or after the event!

    (I'm thinking the Lighthouse or Embassy are calling, unless you have suggestions)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been to the Lighthouse but it's supposed to be great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lighthouse was one of my favorites and was Ed's local choice. We had Marybill in Merrick for years, they sold it last year, but they kept luncheonette hours.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Blogging from A to Z — we start with the letter A