Scott Shannon, part 3

So I listened to The Todd Show on WPLJ for about a week. Todd and his entourage of pop culture experts. I am sure that eventually he will hit his stride with his new format, but right now it sounds like he's trying too hard.

And then on Monday, the legendary Scott Shannon took his seat at WCBS-FM. And it was like reuniting with an old friend. He sounds like he's been at WCBS since forever.

I have to admit, the music variety at PLJ doesn't do it for me. I think they're calling it hot adult contemporary, with a playlist from the 1990's to today. I like it, but I don't love it. I listened to Scott and Todd, but after morning drive time I moved on to other stations.

I like oldies. I like WCBS. I listen to WLTW, Lite FM. I listen to classic rock on Q104. I listen to Long Island stations -- oldies on B103, adult contemporary on WKJY and WALK-FM.

I think PLJ has lost a listener.

I will be interested to see how this plays out, I want to see the Arbitron ratings. CBS didn't need the star power of Scott Shannon. LTW was the number one station until recently, when CBS overtook it. PLJ has always been a bit further down the list. I'm wondering if PLJ can attract new listeners to replace those of us following Scott to CBS.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Blogging from A to Z — we start with the letter A