ah...freedom

(cross posted at Midcentury Modern Moms)

No, you never stop being a parent....but parenting college students is a very different world than parenting younger children.

the Oscar nominations were announced today, and I've seen 5 of the 10 films that were nominated for Best Picture.

My coworker has seen only one of the films -- Toy Story 3. Seems her 3 year old is obsessed with all things Toy Story. Generally speaking, she and her husband don't go out alone very often -- an event or movie must be deemed "babysitter worthy" before they will choose to go.

That was me just a few years ago. Sometimes I miss those days.

I'm really enjoying the freedom I have now.

but I'm also looking forward to the time when Jen and Becca have kids of their own, and when something is deemed "baby sitter worthy" they call on Grandma to take care of the little ones.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday