found a new blog today. Love it.
I've posted there under various names over the last 10 years or so. it went from a sweet little board that was Pete Werner's hobby to ....well, a real nightmare. that a board devoted to all things Disney can be such a nasty, racist, childish (not childlike) place....
loving the inside scoop, though.
Did I ever tell you how "songbird" was banned from the DIS?
I was a poster in good standing for 3-4 years. Even booked my trips through Dreams Unlimited, back when Pete was careful to distinguish between the disboards as a hobby and Dreams as his business.
Pete and Webmaster Alex were struggling with server issues, the disboards would go down more often than they'd stay up.
then Pete announced cosmetic changes to wdwinfo.com, which feeds into the disbaords forum.
Like all other members of the forum, I was frustrated. so I was a bit sarcastic. I posted something to the effect of "would you buy a house if the front door had just been painted but the electrical system kept shorting out?"
I was banned by the great man himself.
wish I'd saved the nasty e-mails he sent me.
yeah, I was sarcastic, and I'm sure I hit a nerve.
but he made a lot of $$$ from my vacation planning, and from the referrals, I've never used Dreams Unlimited again, and I've never sent another person there either.
life in and around NYC is insane
- ► 2015 (297)
- ► 2014 (359)
- ► 2013 (243)
- ► 2012 (271)
- ► 2011 (269)
- ► 2010 (367)
- I should have named her Ariel!
- cute little monster, isn't he?
- pink tulips
- 'cause I like to brag on my kids
- oh, the weather outside is frightful
- Inspired by Jibber Jabber -- 1776
- school calendar = tears
- Benjamin Buttons -- spoilers
- sigh...no Florida trip this winter
- you tell your 6 million friends on facebook but yo...
- DISboards nonsense
- the resiliency of the teenage heart
- one million bagels!
- the Obama Inauguration
- snow again
- the joys of parenting a teen
- watching her grow up...
- This is all grandy's fault!!!!!
- and another view from my window
- a view of the plane and rescue boats in lower Manh...
- a front row seat to the news
- Hurricane Gloria -- a memorable storm
- how my mother got her skylight
- thanks, Suzanne...I think -- Honest scrap
- the January blahs....
- guess I won't be watching the Superbowl this year
- wish I'd had the camera tonight
- Jen and Becca June 2008 --Sweet 16
- a meme from Suzanne
- sad memory
- a meme from Grandy
- they eyes have it
- medical matters
- follow up memo to the MTA
- Ready or not, here comes college
- feeling stupid right now
- Have car, will travel
- what I'm wearing today
- new year, new you....
- playing with the cell phone - another self portrai...
- big, blonde and beautiful...got my hair done today...
- chicken soup!
- New Year introspection
- they LIED!
- ▼ January (44)