Vacation begins

 All my bags are packed …I’m ready to go …

A flurry of packing  Tuesday night … Shadow tried to crawl into my suitcase …a quick trip to CVS for some last minute needs…dropped Shadow off at Jenn’s …

And Thursday morning a friend drove us to La Guardia.  I finally got to see the multi-billion dollar “improvements”.  They’ve built a lovely new terminal, but the planes still leave from the old gates.  It’s an 11-minute walk from check-in to the boarding gates, leading to jokes about “walking so far we’ve arrived at JFK”. (Kennedy is 11 miles south of La Guardia).  You get a lovely view of Citi Field as you walk to the gates.  By the way, TSA pre check is definitely worth it!

Flight was completely full, not a single empty seat.  Drew and I booked a window seat and a middle seat…and we’re surprised to find a woman in our window seat.  She booked the aisle seat …  that seat was empty when I selected our seats, so I’m pretty sure she knew she was in the wrong seat,  and yes, she moved.

Other than some turbulence the flight was uneventful.  We actually arrived in Tampa a few minutes early.  

There’s definitely something about arriving in a Florida airport. I see sunshine and palm trees and know I’m far from home.  And it’s extra special this time of year, when the meteorologist back home is talking about expected s-n-o-w.

Right now I am sitting on my friend’s front porch.  It’s 78° and there isn’t a cloud in the sky.  

Ahhhh….

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday