More cat tails

 How do your pets greet you after you have been away for awhile?


So during our vacation I arranged for Shadow to stay with my friend Jenn and her two sons, Greg and Ben.  Jenn and I share a two family house; she lives downstairs and my apartment is upstairs.  Jenn has two cats, so I was certain Shadow would have a good time.  My fur ball spent two weeks chasing after torturing Jenn’s cat Mavis.

When I got home Friday night, Ben brought Shadow upstairs.  She was all squirmy and didn’t want to be held.  He handed her to me, and she was still squirmy. But as soon as her paws hit the floor, she realized it was me who had been holding her, and wrapped herself around my ankles.  Didn’t let me out of her sight for 24 hours.


Drew has two roommates, so he knew Duchess would be ok.  But she very clearly missed him, because she scolded him the moment he walked into the house.  She meowed and hissed at him.  You could tell she wasn’t just angry, she was furious!  

And then she calmed down, and wouldn’t let him out of her sight.


But I think I traumatized my cat.  On Tuesday I took Shadow to the vet for a routine visit, just to update her vaccinations.  Poor thing was terrified when I put her into the carrier.  So scared that she … well, she used the floor of the carrier instead of her litter box.  The vet needed a stool sample anyway, she saved me a trip …

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday