More cat tails

 Before there was a Duchess at Drew’s house, there was a Cookie.  She was a sweet ginger cat.


Cookie was on my mind recently, because of her reaction to Drew leaving town, and coming home again.  



Drew's father was living in a nursing home in Florida at the time, and Drew flew down for a visit.  He left his car at a friend's house, and the friend drove him to the airport.

When he came back to New York I picked him up at the airport, then drove him to our friend's house so he could retrieve his car.   

I drove to Drew's house, but Drew stopped at McDonald's on the way home -- he hadn't eaten on the plane.

When I walked into the house, Cookie kept looking at me like "Didn't you bring my Daddy home?  Where is he?  Is he with you?"  Poor cat kept looking at the door, expecting Drew to be right behind me...

Then she heard Drew's car on the driveway.  So she lay down on the floor, with her back to the door.  And when he walked it, she feigned indifference...."Oh, it's you..."

Little faker...

I’m wondering what kind of greeting I will get when I come home to Shadow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Blogging from A to Z — we start with the letter A