this and that

So we went to the movies...yes, an actual theater...saw Disney's new live action film, Cruella. Really loved it.  We're planning to see In the Heights soon. Never managed to see it on Broadway, so I am really looking forward to the movie.


Food trucks have become very popular here on Long Island.  There's a church about 5 blocks from Drew's house, they have "Food Truck Fridays" during the spring and summer.  We also find the trucks at craft fairs and other events. Two of our favorites are Cousins Maine Lobster and The Steak Truck.  We got lobster rolls the other night ...yum.


Vacation plans are coming together.  We don't want to go too far this year, things being what they are.  Looks like Maryland might be our destination for our summer road trip.  Lots of historical sites, perfect for two history buffs. Waterfalls and gorges.  Lighthouses and railroads.  Sailing on the Chesapeake and the Potomac.  And we joked about seeing a baseball game -- Drew even checked the schedule to see when the Long Island Ducks visit the Maryland Blue Crabs...We do have tickets to see the Blue Crabs when they come to Long Island, but still...


We have tickets to see the Mets next month. I am looking forward to going to the game.  If deGrom is on the mound, that would be even better ... Watching Jacob deGrom pitch is like watching an artist at work. Watching a broadcast from Citi Field with a nearly full crowd cheering for deGrom ... happy tears.   Watching in person?  Too good to be true.


I'm not the type to try every new beauty trend...many of them are meant for younger women...but when I see something marketed to women my age...well, I had to try Vunella shampoo bars. The shampoo bars look like soap and the conditioner bars took like glycerin soap.  No plastic packaging, supposed to last  a lot longer than a bottle of conventional shampoo...The shampoo bars lather well and do an excellent job of cleaning my  hair.  The conditioner bars are OK, but periodically I have to use something richer, like hair butter, to keep my hair hydrated.

Of course, once you buy a product ... your social media becomes inundated with that product, and its competitors.  

Not happy with myself these days.  Before the pandemic I worked in Manhattan, and I managed to be somewhat active every day -- I'd get my step in just by walking from the subway to the office and back again.  Working from home makes it very easy to ignore my Fitbit "reminders to move".  And puts me close to the refrigerator.  So I gained a few pounds.  More than a few, actually.  And it's time to do something about it.




Comments

  1. Yes, it's harder to move when one is working from home. But you have Jones Beach so close, you can make it a daily thing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was fortunate working from home for two reasons. First, I had a room (my son's old bedroom) to myself, and second, it was on the second floor, so I wasn't near the refrigerator. But, in addition, I was removed from the office food temptations (which, for those already returned, doesn't exist anyway as you aren't allowed to share food). I also have a retired husband who walked with me around the neighborhood almost every day at lunchtime. Good luck with your vacation plans. I have a feeling so much will be too crowded, I'll have to find some less popular destinations. And my husband would envy you possibly seeing a game with Jason DeGrom in it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday