Music Monday

 And it's a "your choice" week.


Live music last night!  Oh how wonderful it was!  


Peter Noone at The Cutting Room.  Yes, we actually ventured into NYC for live music.  East 32nd Street, to be precise.

It’s a small venue, seating is  first-come-first-served.  We got there before the doors opened and waited outside.  Drew spotted Noone walking up the street, and we got a chance to speak to him before he went inside to do a sound check.  Alas, no photos.

Two other 60’s-era singers were in the audience: Billy Jay Kramer of the Dakotas and Eddie Brigati of the Rascals.   Drew managed to get a photo with Brigati.


But of course the main attraction was Noone, who sang and told stories for 95 glorious minutes.









So today's featured artist ...





















And a bonus hit










Comments

  1. As I remember, Eddie Brigati's teeth went in all different directions, so either he had them fixed or that's your husband on the right. I liked the Rascals and especially his voice.

    Looks like Peter Noone had some dental work done, too. I always liked Herman's Hermits, sunshine pop at its finest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's Brigati on the right...and yes, I think there's been some dental work done...

      Delete
  2. Oooh I'm envious! I've seen Peter Noone with Herman's Hermits at the NY State Fair twice and he is so good, so entertaining, and it's obvious how much he loves interacting with the audience. So a 95 minute show in an smaller (I assume) setting - wow. I've heard many of their songs live but what a treat it was to hear him cover The Hollies' Bus Stop. (I had that 45, I am fairly certain. Bus Stop, I mean.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just showed your post to my husband and we both agreed it looked like Peter Noone put on a little weight since we saw him last (2019). Well, who hasn't? I also need to sign my name and then it's back to work I go. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

      Delete
    2. He actually joked about his Covid weight gain. He said the vest was now a girdle...

      Delete
  3. Robin,

    Oh how fun! I like listening to Peter Noone's SiriusXM show. Many years ago, I did a feature on Hermans Hermits and I left a message on his website mentioning my intentions with the hope of enticing to my site but he was a no show. Months later I got an email from his saying he just now seeing mine and thanked me for the interest. I was delightfully stunned. Now every time we hear or see Peter, DH will say, "There's your buddy!" lol He's a charming fella with a great arsenal of tales to keep his audience entertained always. I love the oldies! Thanks for joining the 4M gang on the dance floor. Looking forward to having you as honorary co-hostess next month, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so super cool. Very nice. What a great picture.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday