Music Monday

 Happy birthday to Xmas Dolly (Marie)!


And in honor of her birthday...



So now that we've played her favorite song, where shall we go?

Let's stay with Valli,  I saw him at Westbury Music Fair in 2013.


Photo isn't great, but we did see him up close and personal.

That was shortly after we saw Jersey Boys on Broadway.  Great show, much better than the movie.   Such tragedies and triumphs....

He sang all the old hits that night, songs like













This next song, Frankie didn't take the lead...but still good....



I really loved this one:




This one is pretty



Not even a pandemic can stop him




Let's close it out with the 2006 Tony Awards, Joe Pesce introducing a performance from Jersey Boys. How does the actor compare with the originial?







Comments

  1. Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons bring back so many memories for me. I remember, in particular Rag Doll coming from nowhere to #1 on the WABC survey. Even the disc jockies (i.e. Cousin Brucie) seemed stunned. I know Xmas Dolly appreciated your playlist. So many great songs. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin,

    How cool, you got to see Frankie Valli in concert! A blurry picture is better than no picture. :) You brought to the dance floor a lot of their best songs. Frankie doesn't appear too tall standing next to the other guys in the Sherry music video. He's also the smallest built. I did a quick Internet search to learn his height. It ranges from 5'2" to 5'5" which definitely makes him on the short side for a fella. "My Eyes Adored You" is one of my favorites from my early pre-teen/early teen years. Thanks for celebrating Marie's upcoming birthday by sharing these fabulous hit classics. Have a boogietastic week, darlin'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool, that you got to see him. They would be cool.

    Thanks for sharing and I hope that you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMC I didn't know Frankie had so much songs, but I remember them all very well😸Pawkisses for a Happy Day🐾😽💞

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday