Saturday 9

 

One Bad Apple

Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme


One Bad Apple (1971)
 
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This song is a play on the old saying that one bad apple can spoil the bunch, or that the bad behavior of one member can reflect badly on the whole group. Do you think that's true?

Yes, definitely true.   
 
2) The Osmonds began as The Osmond Brothers, a barbershop quartet that performed at the original Disneyland in Anaheim, California. Today there are 9 Disney Resorts all around the world, as far away as Shanghai. Have you ever been to a Walt Disney property? 

Yes, I've been to WDW in Florida at least 13 times, with plans to go back again eventually.  





3) By the time the Osmonds made this record, Donny had joined the group and became their breakout star. Without looking it up, can you name any of the other four brothers who performed in video clip? 

Merrill, Alan, Jay and Wayne?  Jimmy  is younger than Donny...
 
4) In the 1970s, adolescent girls learned through teen magazines that Donny's favorite color is purple, and that he was especially fond of purple socks. Today, socks are a very big business. There are designer sock manufacturers and even a sock of the month club. Is there a wardrobe item you're very particular about?

Purple is my favorite color, too.  I have a purple oversized t shirt with a unicorn and a dragon on the front.  I love wearing it around the house.

5) Donny and younger sister Marie had their own TV variety show. One regular segment had them performing a medley of popular songs, and it began with Marie singing, "I'm a little bit country," followed by Donny's musical reply, "I'm a little bit rock and roll." In this regard, are you more like sister or brother? 

I'm  a little bit rock and roll....
 
6) Donny's popularity continues today. Fans have seen him win Dancing with the Stars (season 9) and come in as a runner up on the first season of The Masked Singer. Do you watch either of these shows -- or other competition series, like American Idol, The Voice, America's Got Talent, etc.?  

I've seen all of those shows except The Masked Singer.


7) Donny has also appeared on Broadway. He surprised audiences and got rave reviews as arrogant bad guy Gaston in Disney's Beauty and the BeastTell us about a time when your behavior surprised those who know you well.  

Years ago, I worked in an office where the two male bosses were real screamers.  The secretaries were used to being screamed at.  I am not a screamer, I treat coworkers with respect.  But one day I had a situation ...

Drew and I had an apartment in a very nice building, but the superintendent was ...how shall I put it?  Asleep on the job.  We had a problem with the apartment, a serious leak in the bathroom ceiling, and multiple calls to the super went unanswered.   I was also pregnant, and the hormones were flowing.  So, when I called the building management to complain about the super, I lost my temper and started yelling.  

And the secretaries in my office looked at me and said that they didn't know I could raise my voice, let alone yell and scream like that.  

8) Donny is also a grandfather, many times over! Sam admits she's not crazy about that revelation because it makes her feel old. What's something that makes you feel your years?  

I listen to an oldies station on the radio.  I didn't feel old when the music I loved in high school was played, but when the music my kids liked in high school hit the station....



9) Random question: We're filling a pinata with your favorite candies. What should we buy? 

Hershey Kisses, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, Starbursts, Twix, KitKat bars, and maybe some Andes mints.



Comments

  1. Oh my, I *hate* piñatas with a fiery passion. Bad experiences with them as a child.

    I remember the Donny and Marie Show. I loved that show.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday