Wednesday HodgePodge

 



1. What's one thing you learned at the ripe old age of whatever age you are now?

How to let things goo and not get riled up about stuff I cannot change.



2. I read here a list of foods that can help you look younger-

extra virgin olive oil, green tea, fatty fish, dark chocolate, vegetables, flaxseeds, pomegranates, avocados, tomatoes, spices, bone broth

How many of the foods listed have you tried? How many do you eat regularly? Your favorite from the list?

I have eaten everything you named except flaxseeds and bone broth. I like olive oil, veggies, tomatoes, spices, avocado and dark chocolate.


3. Something you miss from the 'good old days'? When were the good old days anyway?

I miss the good old days of 2019.  I miss all the social and cultural activities that have been put on hold,


4. What are two or three of the most rewarding things to be found in growing older?

I am less worried about what others think, and more comfortable with my own company.


5. What's your favorite part of your life right now?

Hmmmm...I've reached a point in my life where I am not accountable to anyone else, where the only person I have to take care of is me.



6. Insert your own random thought here.


The weather has turned autumnal, and I am loving it.

Comments

  1. Skip bone broth...nasty, nasty stuff! Your answer to #1 is a good one. It's a shame it takes most of us so long to learn it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are having great fall weather too. I'm with Stacy - bone broth is disgusting! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are enjoying some nice weather, still blazing hot here in Florida!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We may begin to see some signs of fall next week with temps in the 60's and 80's. For us that this a reprieve from the intense heat and humidity. My husband uses Flaxseed in the protein balls he makes. Delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss the good ol' days of 2019, too. I really, really miss the good ol' days of 2015. Here's hoping that 2021 is awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Surprised that "bone broth" got such bad reviews. Maybe I have it confused with "stock", which isn't bad at all. We make our own from chicken bones, celery and carrots in a crock pot

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please send your lovely autumnal weather my way -- we won't see that until Christmas here in Central Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Broth is typically made from meat and simmered a short while. Broths are light in flavor, and often sipped on their own as a restorative tonic.
    Stock is made from meaty joints and bones, simmered a moderate amount of time and cooks use them as the foundation of other foods like sauces, soups and stews.
    Bone broth is made from a variety meaty joints and bones, simmered for an extensive period of time, and typically sipped one its own as a restorative tonic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We're anxiously awaiting autumn here in NE Louisiana. Have a good rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for autumn! I'm almost wishing we were back in New England because the colors will be glorious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They’re oredicting good color this year here on Long Island. I’m psyched.

      Delete
  11. I am going to experience my first real autumn in so many years! My hubby pointed out some leaves on our daughter's tree that are already turning.
    I loved your #4.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday