Music Monday

It's Music Monday, and today our theme is

Songs mentioning sports, or songs commonly played at sporting events

You know me.  You know I am a Mets fan, I bleed orange and blue.  




And every Mets game begins with the National Anthem:



Billy Joel at Shea Stadium  during the 1986 World Series.  Ah, sweet memory.


And then, during the 7th inning stretch




Yes, that's our Billy again, still at Shea...or rather, at Shea again, for the last time...

Let's hear another version of that, this time adding "Lazy Mary", as it was done at Shea, and as it's done at Citi Field...



Yeah, that was the last game at Shea, you can see Citi Field rising up beside the old ballpark.

It's a Citi Field tradition to sing "Piano Man" in the middle of the 8th inning.  And with Billy in the house --- as he was during the 2015 World Series....



KC won the series, but NY has the better music...


Let's move over to the Bronx now...



7th inning stretch time.



And then this...




And when the Bronx Bombers win, they play their victory song:





And a special moment from the 2001 World Series at Yankee Stadium.





You know I am happy to see baseball return to NYC.



Comments

  1. ...thanks a bunch and keep swinging. Hitting home runs is great once in a while, but getting on base is what it's all about!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really loved that "Meet The Mets" video. I love the old baseball films where you can see some of the old ballparks. They started at the Polo Grounds, didn't they?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robin,

    I loved watching live baseball games played by the big kids when I was little and even enjoyed playing ball with friends but I never really cared for watching it on TV. Baseball is one of America's favorite pastimes and I love that it's apart of our history. Your song choices are fabulous and your New York spirit really shines through. Thanks for hitting the 4M dance floor. Stay safe and be well, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oakland A's season ticket holder here. Love the songs. Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Baseball...sigh ...at least we get some sort of a season....

      Delete
  5. Gotta say Frankie knocks it outta of the park asusual!

    ReplyDelete
  6. MOL...Meet the Mets was pawsome..we didn't know any of the songs, but knew the singers😺Pawkisses for a Happy Weekend🐾😽💞

    ReplyDelete
  7. All that New York City baseball spirit made me a bit wistful, thinking that we may not have baseball "like that" (with live singers and thousands in the stands) for some time. I can't imagine how it will be when/if baseball starts up again. All your songs hit home runs. Oh - when I was a Yankees fan (1961-1964)before I switched to the Mets I don't remember that song - all I can remember, lol, is the "Baseball and Ballentine (Beer)" song. And the late, great, Mel Allen. Why did I switch? Because of the Yankees removing Yogi Berra as manager. Anyway, thanks for the memories. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Blogging from A to Z — we start with the letter A