Wednesday HodgePodge






1. The sweetness of summer...where have you found it recently? If you're in the Southern hemisphere, feel free to tell us about the sweetness you're finding in winter.

Birds are chirping in the yard.  Watermelon, cherries, strawberries...the fruit is fresh and flavorful.  Late afternoon walks at the beach.  It's summer.

2. Take your sweet time, sweet tooth, home sweet home, short but sweet, the sweet smell of success, sweet talk...choose a sweet idiom and tell us how it fits your life currently?

Sweet tooth ...I seem to be enjoying snacks and desserts a lot...

3. Sweet as honey, sweet as sugar, or sweet as pie, which phrase do you use when a sweet phrase is called for? What's the last sweet treat you indulged in?

Sweet as sugar.  Last  night I had cherry pie.

4. First thing that comes to mind when you hear the word fidget?

MAGTIMES Rainbow Anti-Anxiety Fidget Spinner [Metal Fidget Spinner] Figit Hand Toy for Relieving Boredom ADHD, Anxiety

5. Share with us one of your favorite childhood travel memories.

We didn't do much traveling when I was a kid.  But when I was 10 we took a trip from our home on Long Island to upstate Lake George, NY.  We learned some history at Fort William Henry,   We took a boat ride on the lake.  We went to two different amusement parks.  And I saved my sister's life.

Seriously.  I was 10 and my sisters were 9, 3 and 3.  (Yes, twins.)  We were in the motel pool.  My mom was on a lounge chair, supervising. My dad had gone for a swim in the lake.  My mom wasn't much of a swimmer, so she told me and my 9 year old sister to stay in the shallow end of the pool,  She told the twins to stay on the pool steps.  Well, one of the twins didn't listen, and suddenly found herself in water that was over her head.  I had to rescue her.  I picked her up and put her out of the pool.


6. Insert your own random thought here.


If you like movie musicals and have 12 minutes to kill check out this video from 2018.






Comments

  1. Hello,
    You have a very special travel memory. My son was saved by a friend while swimming in a river. It is amazing how fast one acts when they see someone in danger.
    Have a blessed day! Carla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed your hodgepodge answers. Glad you were paying attention to your little sister back then! Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And you've never let your sister forget you saved her life? Well, that should be how that ended.

    When I was 13 we did a road trip up to Oregon. "Let us pray" is the punchline.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday