A Fool's Saturday Nine




It's time for Saturday 9



Everybody's Somebody's Fool

Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!

 Saturday 9: Everybody's Somebody's Fool (1960)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

None of this week's questions mention the corona virus. However, if you want to share how you're feeling about Covid-19 at this extraordinary time, please feel free to do so.

1) Next Wednesday is April Fool's Day. Do you have any pranks planned? Do you expect to fall victim to any April Fool's Day mischief?

I'm not much of a prankster, and I hope I can avoid getting pranked.  But I do love the pranks Jimmy Buffett plays on April 1 every year.  I'm looking forward to this year's prank.


2) When she was a kid, Crazy Sam would fool her mom by putting bubble wrap under the bath map so there would be a POP! when her mother stepped on it. When you encounter bubble wrap, do you always indulge in a pop or two?

Of course.  That's what bubble wrap is for, isn't it?

3) While we're using this song to celebrate April Fool's Day, it was written about another subject entirely: heartbreak. The lyrics tell us that at some point, we each get our hearts broken by someone who doesn't love us as much as we love them. Do you think that's true?

I think everyone has their heart broken at least once.

4) In 1962, this week's featured Connie Francis published a book aimed at teens called For Every Young Heart. It addressed topics like going steady and schoolwork vs. social life. Do you ever read advice columns or self-help books?

I used to read those columns, used to read those books.  Haven't in awhile.

Back when I was a teen, our local paper carrier both Dear Abby and Ann Landers.  

5) Connie Francis can play the accordion. Sam has never met anyone adept at this complicated instrument -- not even in her high school band. What about you? Do you play the accordion, or do you know anyone who can?

I don't know anyone who can play the accordion.

6) In 1960, when this record was popular, Harper Lee's classic To Kill a Mockingbird was published. Have you read it?

Twice, actually.  I read the book in high school.  And then, when my daughter was in high school, I reread the book so I could help her with her homework.

I also read Go Set A Watchman.  Didn't care for it nearly as much as I liked Mockingbird.  They should have just let it be.


7) Also in 1960, one of Life magazine's best-selling issues had Sophia Loren on the cover. At that time, she was an international film star and considered one of the world's most beautiful women. Who do you consider one of 2020's most beautiful women?


Surprise, I am not going to pick a celebrity.  Instead I will brag on these two beautiful young women.





8) A 1960 issue of Vogue acknowledged how expensive it had become to maintain a fashionable wardrobe and asked, "If you were to buy only one thing, what would it be?" If it's good enough for Vogue, it's good enough for Saturday 9: If you could purchase only one new article of clothing for spring 2020, what would you buy?


With all of us staying home right now, do any of us need new spring clothes?  

Seriously, though, at some point we will all be going back to our usual routines.  And  I will need sandals that suit a business casual wardrobe.


9) Random question: When someone makes you really angry, are you more likely to respond with stony silence or a big noise?


I can get quite loud when properly motivated....









 

Comments

  1. I didn't read the Mockingbird prequel because I'm not sure Harper Lee wanted me to. She wrote it decades before it was published, and she didn't release it when she was in good health. I worry that perhaps she was exploited in her later years. Your comments make me think I made the right choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You did. I agree with you. I felt compelled to read it, but yeah ...

      Delete
  2. Daughters? Whoever those young women are; BEAUTIFUL. I am so jealous of their long, lovely hair. smiles

    Have a great day, friend...regardless of the circumstances (wink).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The blonde is my older daughter Jen. The one wearing animal print is my daughter Becca. I am so very proud of both.

      Delete
  3. Your daughters are beautiful! Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful girls! And I agree, Go Set a Watchman was not a bad read, but I hated what it did to the characters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I’m proud of my kids.

      And yes, the book was disappointing

      Delete
  5. Lovely daughters. I haven't read Go Set A Watchman and probably won't. Like Gal, I felt like it was an intrusion upon Harper Lee. I guess we will all miss the spring clothes and go straight into summer . . . if not fall. Yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thought Sophia Loren was very classy woman. But I am so out touch with the current pop scene

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bubble wrap... Since that Doctor Who episode, I'm am hesitant around it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday