Music Monday

I am honored to be the honorary co host this month.

Our theme this week is

In honor of Columbus Day, songs about taking a journey.  It can be an actual trip, or a trip into the imagination, or even an emotional journey

When I chose the theme, the first song I thought of was this:





Then there was a song by the Allman Brothers  -- this version was recorded at Hofstra University, here on Long Island.




Sometimes the journey has a purpose:




There are other kinds of journey, too.  The highway is a metaphor for the development of a relationship.





and




Or even life itself:






Sometimes the real journey and the metaphor collide:






And let's not forget a journey into the imagination.






And indulge me while I revisit EPCOT at Walt Disney World and the original version of the Journey Into Imagination...I love a purple dragon named Figment.




And a shout out to Jingle Jangle Jungle:

Comments

  1. Great selections for a musical journey especially "Life is a Highway". I had no idea Rascal Flatts had done that. And watching Dick Clark laugh at a typo was priceless (as was seeing that 1960's dancing). Thank you for taking us along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great set here! You really took a step back in history with "Expressway To Your Heart." Haven't heard that in years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent choices today! This was a great theme.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I saw Willie on someone else's blog. Your picks are great and some new to me. I would like to see Juddy's movie and figured it might be sad.
    Carry on!

    Come by and get your spook on when you can.
    Michelle, Your Crypt Keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Robin,

    I have a break in my vacation as I prepare for tomorrow's trip to the mountains and decided to make some rounds. First off, great theme you came up with this week. It was a lot of fun to put a playlist together and to see what others shared. 'Ramblin' Man' is a good oldie, as is 'Midnight Train to Georgia'. Good mewsic set! Have a boogietastic week, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You picked some great selections this week - and was a great theme! I don't know if you're aware, but for some reason your link always brings me to a Wordpress page with no content on it. It's probably a Wordpress thing, because a few blogs force me to use my Wordpress.com, which isn't my blog address, and I don't know how to change it. Anyway, I can still find you; I just didn't know if you use that link on purpose or because you don't have a choice.

    Kim

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Blogging from A to Z — we start with the letter A