Music Monday




I begin my stint as honorary co host of this blog hop with a "your choice" week.  I'm hoping to see a lot of good music today.

My contribution this week is the music I heard from my children.  My older daughter will be 29 next month, my younger daughter turned 27 in July.  By the time Jen and Becca were in elementary school, they had learned how to hijack my car radio.  I listened to endless hours of Radio Disney programming. By the time they were tweens, they knew how to cajole me into buying concert tickets.

So...here's some of  the music I listened to while operating "Mom's taxi service".

Both girls  loved 'NSYNC.  We saw that group perform at the Nassau Coliseum.  We had seats  that were behind the stage, but really close to the performers.  At one point, the performers turned to look at our section of the audience, and both of my girls swore that Joey Fatone winked at them.







And can you mention 'NSYNC without talking about the Backstreet Boys? We saw them at Jones Beach.





They were crushing on Aaron Carter,  so  I took them to see Seussical the Musical when Carter was in it; both girls nearly died of happiness when the got to touch Carter's limo as he was leaving the theater.




(Sad to hear that brothers Nick and Aaron are estranged now.)



Britney Spears  was one of their favorites for awhile. If I remember correctly, the first concert we ever saw was Britney's performance, I think it was at Madison Square Garden.






(I'm still hearing about that poor girl's family and legal troubles....)

And Jesse McCartney.  I remember a concert where we had to stand all night, first on the sidewalk as we waited to go into the venue, then on the floor of the venue...



This next one I remember because Jen had a project in 8th grade health class.  She had to take home a doll that was programmed to act like an infant.  She named the doll "Stacy". She had the doll for an entire weekend.  Maybe that explains why I'm still not a grandmother.





And then there was a seismic shift, and the girls were listening to hip hop and rap...

Definitely not my thing.

Though when Becca insisted we see Green Day at Giants Stadium, I was more than happy to oblige.





My car radio has been mine to command for a long time now...but sometimes I miss young passengers in the back seat.

I'm also participating in another blog hop:

Comments

  1. Oh my gosh, I have so been in your shoes also. I had 2 boys & 2 girls and the 2 oldest was of one generation and the 2 youngest of another so I've been bounced all over and now the grandchildren keep me up to date. hahahaha Great tunes here and Justin Timberlake is still a favorite of mine. Thanks for hangin' out with us as they say!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great songs. Love the playlist. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. fun playlist! My oldest brother was 10 years older than myself. I remember as an early adult (in my 20's) he wanted to know what it was that I was listening to. He found quite the eclectic assortment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robin,

    Your daughters are a couple of years younger than ours. I remember them liking these songs, too. It's funny how they've changed mewsic wise over the years as did some of these groups. I enjoyed taking a walk down memory lane when my girls were teens with the selections you shared on the dance floor, my dear. Thanks for boogieing with me and for being this month's honorary co-hostess - you rock!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My son is 29, and he was a big Backstreet Boys fan "back then". I never took him to any of 'his' group's concerts, because he was just as interested in rock as we were. And I can remember some of the songs popular when he was in 4th grade because of him. I do have a secret love of "Backstreet's Back" though. And I waas shocked to find out who did I Want Candy; I always thought it was a girl! Educational post today. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. My teen still commandeers my radio whenever we go anywhere - I think I better pay closer attention and embrace the music she likes. ;)

    I've always been an NSYNC and Backstreet Boys fan, so I especially love those selections - and I think it's so cool you took your kids to concerts like you did! What an amazing experience for them, and memories for you!

    Loved ALL your picks (or should I be saying your kids' picks...heh!) Thanks for the dance! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday