It's a tropical Rocktober



Drew and I booked a Caribbean cruise for February 2010.  We both celebrate our birthday in February, and thought the cruise would be a great way to celebrate. We'd actually be on board the ship for my birthday.  We were both excited for the tropics.

And when I visited the cruise-oriented message boards, everyone was talking about how Jimmy Buffett music got them into the mood for a tropical vacation.  I wasn't a big Buffett fan, but the idea of tropical rock...

Jimmy Buffett did a concert at Madison Square Garden in November 2009.  Our newspaper ran a contest, and the prize was tickets to Buffett's concert.   I entered the contest. I won!  floor seats!

I've been a a parrothead ever since.










Comments

  1. I love Jimmy Buffet. Have fun, smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. That one concert I would love to see.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! If you ever make it to Las Vegas, you'll have to check out Margaritaville. It's a restaurant with regular performances to his music. Very entertaining!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Blogging from A to Z — we start with the letter A