Weight Watchers redux

So I did a bit of research.  I signed into my account at Weight Watchers, and I read their Facebook page.

And a lot of it sounded all too familiar.  Complaints about the technology crashing.  Complaints about customer service issues and problems cancelling an account.  Complaints about Oprah taking over.  Some things never change.

So I know what I’d be getting myself into if I rejoined.  I’d be double tracking anyhow, I have a streak going at My Fitness Pal, so if I couldn’t get into the Weight Watchers app, I’d still be able to track.

I looked at the schedule at my meeting center.  My “7 pm on Tuesdays” meeting is gone, but there’s a 5:30 on Tuesdays, and meetings on Wednesday and Thursday evenings as well.

When last I looked, the company was trying to expand into fitness classes, offering Tai Chi at some meeting centers.  Apparently that didn’t work out.  But I belong to the JCC, and I have access to the gym at work.  

There were some complaints from UK members, they don’t like the new program.  But it’s not the same outrage that I saw two years ago, where there was a mass exodus after the program change.

So...the new program is still a variation on Smart Points, but now lean proteins (chicken, turkey, fish), eggs, and nonfat yogurt are 0 Points.  So when carbs use up a lot of points (my chief complaint when the original program rolled out) you can still find nutritious choices that won’t break the bank.  

So I’m considering it.

Comments

  1. I never understood the points thing. But then again, I never joined Weight Watchers. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Blogging from A to Z — we start with the letter A