Wednesday HodgePodge

grab button for From this Side of the Pond


Joyce always poses interesting questions.

1.  In a rut, in a jam, in the groove, out of synch, off balance, out of touch...which saying best fits some area of your life currently (or recently)? Explain.

Off balance and in a jam.  I'm a bit overwhelmed at work lately and feeling the pressure.

 2. What is it about somebody else's style of work (coworker/employee/shared volunteer project/household chore) that makes you crazy? Why?

I used to have two coworkers who made the rest of us crazy.  We referred to them as "Loud and Louder".  When you work in a cube farm, it's hard to concentrate on your work when the person in the next cube is on the phone and speaks so loudly that she can be heard halfway down the hall.

 3. What's a tradition that always makes you feel at home?
I've got a bit of writer's block on this one.  Can't think of a good response.

 4. A favorite song with a girl's name in the title or lyrics? Any reason why this is a particular favorite?

"Help Me, Rhonda" by the Beach Boys.  My college roommate was named Rhonda.  I haven't spoken to her in a very long time, I think I may want to look her up and find out how her life turned out.

 5. Share a favorite quote, verse, or saying relating to gratitude or thanksgiving.

“I celebrated Thanksgiving in an old-fashioned way. I invited everyone in my neighborhood to my house, we had an enormous feast, and then I killed them and took their land.”
― Jon Stewart
 6. Insert your own random thought here.

The holiday drama has already begun around here, and I'm so tired of it.

Comments

  1. OMG... I am a huge fan of Jon Stewart's and that quote is priceless. Thanks for the chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loud and Louder are annoying anywhere. Notice that in a store when people are on their phones, it's often that way?

    ReplyDelete
  3. On our recent flight to Seattle the woman behind us talked loudly the entire flight. I'm not exaggerating. She had a captive audience (the poor man beside her) and she never took a breath. Just went from one topic to another for five+ hours. It was exhausting!! Hope the holiday drama settles down for you. That's hard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I try to explain this to kiddos--being loud is a disruption. But the ones who need the lesson, sadly, don't "hear" it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday