more this and that

So...Election Day.  Good news in Virginia and New Jersey, electing Democrats to their states' highest office.  Locally, though...mixed results.  My candidate for county legislature won, but my candidates for town council and town supervisor lost.

The holiday season is approaching.  One of my neighbors literally replaced their Halloween decorations with christmas lights, completely bypassing Thanksgiving.  I'd like to bypass Thanksgiving, too, I think, rather than deal with the holiday drama that's brewing.  I used to love Thanksgiving, now I dread it.


Remember my friend L, the one with the health issues?  Last time I spoke to her, she was working hard in rehab, trying to regain her mobility so that she could get back to her life.  Well, the other day, L's daughter posted on Facebook about how L has had a serious setback, yet another medical issue has cropped up, and she's back in the hospital.  This is not going to end well, I fear.


I'm having some success with physical therapy for my knee.  I see improvement in flexibillity and endurance.  I'm also back on my weight loss plan, which is a struggle these days. But I am determined to remain as healthy and active as I can be.

The weather is getting cold.  It almost feels like we skipped autumn and went straight from summer into winter.  Winter is not my favorite season.  Sigh.

Comments

  1. I'm sorry you're anticipating trouble for Thanksgiving. That sucks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday