Hodgepodge

grab button for From this Side of the Pond


Joyce always poses interesting questions.

 




1. What takes you out of your comfort zone?

What popped into my head when I saw this was ...athletics.  I’ve been a couch potato most of my life, only recently discovered a real interest in gym-based activity.  I’m not very good at it, but I’m trying.

2. Your least favorite spice?

Actually an herb, dill.  There’s a diner in the neighborhood that uses dill in the tzaziki, and it’s not my choice ...

3. What's a small change you'd like to make?

I’d like to be a bit less distracted and more on point.  Lately I find myself all over the place.

4. Do you enjoy visiting historic homes? If so, of the homes you've visited which one was your favorite? What historic home near you is open to visitors? Have you been? Southern Living rounded up eleven of the best in the southern part of the US and they're as follows-

Monticello (Jefferson's home in Virginia), Nathaniel Russel House (Charleston SC), Swan House (Atlanta), Ernest Hemingway's home (Key West), The Biltmore (Vanderbilt home in Asheville NC), Mount Vernon (Washington's home in Virgina), San Francisco Plantation (Garyville, Louisiana), Windsor Ruins (Port Gibson Mississippi), Longue Vue House and Gardens (New Orleans), Whitehall (Palm Beach FL), and Pebble Hill Plantation (Thomasville GA)

Have you been to any on the list? Of the homes listed which would you most like to visit?


I love history, I love visiting historical sites.  I loved the mansions in Newport, RI.  Of the homes listed here, I’ve seen only one, Mount Vernon.  I’d love to see all the others.  Hemingway’s house is supposed to be interesting.

5. What's something you think will be obsolete in ten years? Does that make you sad or glad?

Cursive writing.  And I won’t miss it.  My own handwriting is awful.   And I’m in a paper-oriented business, where deciphering handwritten materials has not been fun.

A former coworker was born in Egypt and educated in Tel Aviv and London.  He was fluent in Arabic, Hebrew, English and French.    When you looked at his files, you’d have to ask if his handwritten notes were really in English, because his writing looked like Arabic.  When we went to an electronic note taking system, it made a huge difference.

6.  Insert your own random thought here.



Is it Friday yet?

Comments

  1. I really hope that cursive writing doesn't go away, but I think you're onto something. It's becoming a lost art, unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you're right about cursive writing. I'm just the opposite - I have good handwriting. It was the only subject that I did well in. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Hodgepodge! I almost put dill ...although I do like dill pickles, I don't like dill in sauces either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your the second podger that put down dill! :) But...what about borsch? I'm resonating with your answer to #3. Why didn't I think of that? I enjoyed reading your hodgepodge. Happy week to you!

    https://happywonderer.com/2017/11/15/historical-hodgepodge/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree about cursive. I love being able to type just about everything :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Blogging from A to Z — we start with the letter A