Another this and that

So I survived the Thanksgiving drama.  Now November is coming to a close, and we're headed into the holiday season.

It's a busy time. 

Lots of good movies coming out in the next few weeks.  We have to decide which ones we want to see in the theater, and which can wait for the DVD.  We always go to the movies on Christmas Day, and then we go for Chinese food. A stereotype, I know, but one I gladly embrace.

Starting to plan for New Year's Eve, too.  I think a group of us may end up at Drew's house this year, watching the ball drop on TV.  The big decision -- do we go out to dinner early in the evening, or do we order take out?

There's a Hanukkah event at my synagogue.  A big party, with latkes and jelly donuts.  Usually I wind up helping with the toy drive -- we collect toys for children living in poverty.

Hanukkah with the family is usually very low key, but enjoyable.  Lots of latkes involved.

My office Christmas party is set for December 19, lunch at a local Italian restaurant.  It's one of my favorite restaurants, should be a lot of fun.

But before we can celebrate, we have the end-of-year nightmare.  All of our vendors want to be paid by December 31, and so they are calling...and calling...and calling...

Yes, very busy...



Comments

  1. Ah, the end of year rush. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Year end. Yes, good luck. I'm already looking forward to latkes. And brisket cooked with sweet potatoes. And visiting Hanukkah House, our local museum - this year the theme is food! Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Blogging from A to Z — we start with the letter A