Thanksgiving HodgePodge





This week's questions from  Joyce.


1. Tradition...how tightly do you cling to tradition when it comes to holiday gatherings and celebrations? For instance do you always do the cooking, never eat at home, always go to grandma's, never miss the parade, always watch football, never change the menu, always eat at 2 PM, etc.? Have you ever celebrated Christmas or Thanksgiving away from hearth, home, and family? How did that feel?


Family dynamics keep changing, so our holiday is not completely set in stone, but we will dine in the late afternoon/early evening.  My sister always wants to eat at 4 PM, but she's never able to get everything ready by then. And the friends who join us every year always run late...


 2. Help...is it easy for you to ask for help or are you a do-it-yourselfer? How is that a good/bad thing?
I'm fairly independent, reluctant to ask for help unless I have tried to handle it myself first. 

 3. Abundance...what is there an abundance of in your kitchen?

Clutter.  Need I say more?

 4. Name...the smallest thing you're thankful for? the biggest?

The big stuff is what we all have, or strive for.  Health, love, family, security. 

The small thing?  A gadget that makes my life so much easier.  It's a hook that latches on to the side of my purse and keeps my keys accessible.  I'm so happy about this hook that I actually blogged about it a few months ago.  Read about it here.

 5. Key...What do you think is the key to living a more grateful life?

Noticing and appreciating the small things, understanding that nothing is promised.


 6. State your own random thought here.

We are headed into another holiday season.  A time to celebrate, to enjoy life, but also a time to reflect on the passing of time and plan for the coming new year.

Comments

  1. We usually have our big Thanksgiving meal at noon. It works so far, but I can see it changing as our children grow up and have homes of their own.

    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I NEED that hook on the side of my purse! Thanks for the tip. Enjoy your Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is always the little things, isn't it? A purse hook isn't major in the grand scheme of things, but boy, does it make the day to day easier.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday