Wednesday HodgePodge

Joyce has interesting questions this week.




1. Did you watch the solar eclipse? Your thoughts? Sun Chips, Moon Pies, Starburst candies, a Blue Moon beer, a Sunkist orange, or a Milky Way candy bar...what's your favorite eclipse related snack on this list?


Yes, I watched the eclipse.  Here on Long Island we only got a partial eclipse, but I still found myself in awe of the heavens.

Food choice?  Milky way, of course.  Gotta satisfy the sweet tooth.

2. What are you 'over the moon' about these days? What's something you enjoy doing every 'once in a blue moon'?

Can't really think about what I'm "over the moon" about these days...but the "once in a  blue moon"?

Every now and then I let my inner bohemian geek fly.  When we go to the Renaissance faire, I dress up.  This year I wore purple -- a long skirt and a peasant blouse -- and lots of costume jewelry.  I wore my dragons to last year's faire, my unicorns to the faire before that, so this year I went with fairies.



3. Tell us about something in the realm of science that interests you. How do you feed that interest?


Astronomy.  I'm not well versed in it, but I've always had an interest.  I was fortunate to attend elementary school in a district that had its own planetarium, and I had early exposure to the beauty of the stars.

4. What are a few things you remember about going back to school as a child?

I really liked going back to school.  I was a good student and loved to learn.  
  Or it  One memory...I must have been in first or second grade, and back then I wasn't allowed to wear pants to school.  My parents took me and my sister shopping for back to school dresses, and I remember trying on dress after dress after dress...

5. I've seen several versions of this around the net so let's make one of our own...share with us five words that touch your soul and briefly tell us why.

That's way too deep for me when my brain is all mushy and stressed out from work. Or rather, it was.  Until I was driving home and a Bon Jovi song came on the radio.   Lyrics always move me.  His lyrics tonight?  "I'll be there for you, these five words I swear to you."  Such a simple phrase, such a deep and binding promise.

6.  Insert your own random thought here.

Summer is ending way too soon.

Comments

  1. Your inner Bohemian -- what a fun way to put it. If I have one, I've never let it loose.

    Yes, summer is coming to an end all too quickly, although now that I've moved to the deep South, summer is never too far away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I think we all have some kind of geek hiding inside us...it's good to let it out once in a while. :) Pittsburgh has, what everyone has assured me, is a very good Renaissance Fair, but I have yet to go. I haven't been able to convince my husband that he might enjoy it.

    And yes, summer is ending waaaaaay too soon. I am not looking forward to returning to work next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a good Renaissance fair. You need to post pics of your "costume".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, I was camera shy. But if we go back ... we got free tickets to return later in the season -- I'll take pictures of my outfit.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday