Flynn's Fire Island

Flynn's Restaurant & Marina Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato


We came on a Tuesday for the all-you-can-eat buffet.  We had a lovely ride on The Moonchaser, then walked along a very, very narrow pier to get to the restaurant.  (I heard one woman ask her boyfriend to "please don't let me fall off the dock".)

The dining room is cavernous and noisy.  The buffet is set up in the bar area.  I was a bit disappointed that the music from the bar area was not piped into the dining room.

The manager greeted us, and was very attentive, especially to my friend who had special dietary requests.Waitstaff and busboys were, for the most part, friendly and efficient, though our waitress did forget about us at one point.

Drink orders, bread and butter, and later dessert, are brought to the table; everything else is on the buffet.  Appetizers include tossed salad, fruit cup, baked clams, and shrimp cocktail.  Entrees and sides  include chicken marsala, pasta with vegetables, bbq ribs, corn on the cob, flounder, and the well-advertised prime rib and lobster.

(I heard a bit of grumbling from some of the customers because the staff will serve you only 1/2 lobster at a time.  But you can go back to the buffet table as many times as you like.)

I enjoyed my meal, I thought the bbq  ribs were excellent, the lobster and prime rib were very good.  the rest of the meal was merely OK.

Dessert turned out to be chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream, topped with chocolate sauce and whipped cream.

Not the best buffet in the world, but certainly enjoyable, and  I'd definitely go again.

Comments

  1. Buffets can be hit or miss. Your dessert sounds yummy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday