Shoe emergency

She called me last night.  "Mom, I have a shoe emergency!"

A what????

A shoe emergency.  "I just broke the strap on my shoe, and that means I don't have any shoes to wear.  Can you take all my shoes to the shoemaker?"

"What do you mean, 'all' of your shoes?"

"I have three pair of wedgies, broke a strap on each pair.  I have no shoes to wear to work.  I'm running out now to buy a pair for tomorrow. Can you take my shoes to the shoemaker?"

Mind you, this is my 25 year old daughter, the one with a good-paying job and an apartment of her own.  From her tone, one would think that there wasn't a shoemaker to be found anywhere on the island of Manhattan ...

She's fortunate that her aunts had theater tickets last night ... a trip to the shoemaker is in my immediate future.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday