Eclipse -- #skywatchfriday

So...the eclipse. Long Island was not along the path of totality.  But we had 70% coverage and a nice day, so a lot of people went outside to see the sun.

Armed with eclipse glasses and an old point-and-shoot (I was told not to use my phone lest I burn  out the camera), I took a few photos.

For some of these, I simply pointed my camera at the sky.  for others, I put the safety glasses over the camera's lens and closed my eyes. I had no idea what images I captured.

What I saw through the safety glasses was an orange disc, with the dark moon perfectly outlined as it crossed the face of the sun.  What I caught with my camera was...something else.
























skywatchfriday

Comments

  1. As we may have said 50 years ago, "Far out, man!" Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard so many people say how hard it was to capture the eclipse (including me!). Also, everyone was talking about burning out their camera sensor, but I've yet to hear from anyone post-eclipse where that actually happened!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, it was about the experience, right? And the pictures show that you tried.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Blogging from A to Z — we start with the letter A