Wahlburger's

Wahlburgers Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

 Hamburgers anyone?  You know I love a good burger.  So we just had to try Wahlburger's. 

We were told the wait for a table would be about 30 minutes, but was much shorter because we agreed to sit in the bar area.   Service was a bit slow, but our server was friendly and efficient. 

The menu is very short, but interesting.  No appetizers, only a few sides (which must be ordered separately), a small dessert menu,  a few salads,  some very interesting sandwiches, and, of course, burgers.  The drink menu is much more extensive, and includes a variety of milkshakes and soft drinks as well as alcoholic beverages.  Purists will be happy to hear they have  Mexican Coke -- made with cane sugar -- in a glass bottle. 

I stuck to the basics, the house burger -- 1/3 pound hamburger on a potato bun, with lettuce, tomato, onions, cheese, house made pickles and special sauce, to which I added caramelized onions.  the burger was juicy but not sloppy, the house sauce just slightly tangy, the pickles...well, they were crisp and tasty.  the bun was soft and fresh, but fell apart while I was eating the burger.

I added Yukon gold fries -- shoestring cut potatoes.  Nice, but not remarkable.

Overall I liked this place.  It's certainly not a "destination restaurant", but if I'm in the neighborhood again, I wouldn't hesitate to stop here for a burger.

Comments

  1. I'm picky on my hamburgers. I don't know if it my head or not. But usual once I eat burger it sit in my stomach like rock.
    I've had a few that didn't.

    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Blogging from A to Z — we start with the letter A